THE POPE'S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR 2014
ENTRUSTED TO THE APOSTLESHIP OF PRAYER
- Economic Development. That all may promote authentic economic development that respects the dignity of all peoples.
- Christian Unity. That Christians of diverse denominations may walk toward the unity desired by Christ.
- Elders. That the Church and society may respect the wisdom and experience of older people.
- Collaboration in Evangelization. That priests, religious, and lay people may work together with generosity.
- Respect for Women. That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
- Vocations. That many young people may accept the Lord’s invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
- Ecology and Justice. That governments may foster the protection of creation and the just distribution of natural resources.
- Hope for the Sick. That the Risen Lord may fill with hope the hearts of those who are being tested by pain and sickness.
- Media. That the media may be instruments in the service of truth and peace.
- Mary’s Guidance. That Mary, Star of Evangelization, may guide the Church in proclaiming Christ to all nations.
- Unemployed. That the unemployed may receive support and find the work they need to live in dignity.
- Faith in Europe. That Europe may rediscover its Christian roots through the witness of believers.
- Sports. That sports may always be occasions of human fraternity and growth.
- Lay Missionaries. That the Holy Spirit may support the work of the laity who proclaim the Gospel in the poorest countries.
- Refugees. That refugees, forced by violence to abandon their homes, may find a generous welcome and the protection of their rights.
- Oceania. That Christians in Oceania may joyfully announce the faith to all the people of that region.
- Mentally disabled. That the mentally disabled may receive the love and help they need for a dignified life.
- Service to the poor. That Christians, inspired by the Word of God, may serve the poor and suffering.
- Peace. That the Lord may grant peace to those parts of the world most battered by war and violence.
- World Mission Day. That World Mission Day may rekindle in every believer zeal for carrying the Gospel into all the world.
- Lonely people. That all who suffer loneliness may experience the closeness of God and the support of others.
- Mentors of seminarians and religious. That young seminarians and religious may have wise and well-formed mentors.
- Christmas, hope for humanity. That the birth of the Redeemer may bring peace and hope to all people of good will.
- Parents. That parents may be true evangelizers, passing on to their children the precious gift of faith.
From the Vatican, 1 February 2013
Benedictus PP XVI
(Official English translation. Original: Italian)
To register as a member of the Apostleship of Prayer, to subscribe to leaflets, or to order additional leaflets for distribution to others, please contact us. Thank you for your generous support of our ministry.
APOSTLESHIP OF PRAYER
1501 S. Layton Blvd
Milwaukee, WI 53215-1924
Copyright 2015: Apostleship of Prayer